Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The wheels on the bus

go round and round! My day is nothing exciting compared to what Debra had to say about hers...woah. I did however discover publi transort here. Not the sky train, not the subway, nmot the boat taxis...the public bus! it costs the equivalent of about 20 cents, sort of it depends if there's a person collecting money on the bus or not and the busses go literally everywhere! They also special bus lanes so that the traffic doesn't interfere too much.

I began the day with a nice long breakfast while reading a new of the newspapers here. I then proceeded to sit by the pool and swim around for the better part of 4 hours. There was a huge Sweedish family in the pool with kids ranging from about 5 months to 12 years. They were a blast. Kids have so much fun at the pool. Eventually though I did need to move around and go pick up my laundry. So headed out for some food with fruit being the appetizer I walked of course. I hit up the watermelon again and dug into an entire pineapple...yum. After some wandering and trying to find a place where I wanted to eat I settled down for some rice with stir-fried veggies mmmm, and this place put a lot of chilis in as well so I downed about 3 bottles of water along with the food.

Oh speaking of spicy, I did find some good curry last night. Really good. I went to a restaurant on the street and parked myself in one of the small child sized chairs at the child sized tables. This very large woman then sits at the table with me, we begin chatting she's an art teacher in London! I have ordered my curry "not very spicy" and I even used the Thai phrasing to make sure! She ordered an entire fish and a plate of noodles, woah. I decide to have a beer with my meal in case I need it to cut the spice a bit. The "not so spicy" curry took me through not 1, not 2, but 3 bottles of beer!!!! I wasn't sweating like a do with Jason's chili but man oh man I felt like my mouth was on fire. I almost ran to the river on many occasions...good thing for the beer because the river is nasty!

Today's food has been a bit more tame:-) I am currently in the main down-town area called Siam Square. I am seeing a move in a few minutes called "Female Agents," it's a French film. there are a lot of goof movies there than look good, and they only cost $3 so I may see some more before Jason arrives.

Off to grab some junk food to snack on before the film starts!

1 comment:

Debra said...

wow, i just realized why it is that i blogged most of our trip.... did you see a red train while you were eating your curry as well????????
xoxo